Congratulations! You are now all set to unlock your LG phone with the code you received from unlockninja. Follow the quick tips below for a hassle-free unlocking process.
This tutorial is suitable for unlocking all LG phone models and helps you change your service provider without any trouble. This process is 100% safe and secure to use on your smartphone. Let’s start by understanding how these unlock codes work for an LG device.
How to Unlock LG Phone by Unlock Code and Device Unlock App (T-Mobile or MetroPCS) To Work with Any Network
Before you start to unlock your phone, you must know that every LG phone has a different mechanism and thus requires a different unlock code input instructions. Also, depending on the network provider you currently use, LG unlocks code may differ.
Although for most network providers you would require an 8 or 16 digit unlock key, which is the NCK, for some service providers like Fido, TELUS, MetroPCS and Tesco Mobile you will need both unlock code and service provider code, which is NCK and SP_UNLOCK.
Steps to use the Unlock Code For LG
As mentioned above different LG phones have different unlocking instructions, here are the common steps you must use to unlock your LG Phone with unlock code.
Method 1:- LG Phone Asking for Unlock Code With Un-Accepted GSM SIM
- Switch off your LG phone and take out the accepted sim card (sim card of your existing or original service provider)
- Now insert the non-accepted sim card (sim card of the new service provider or carrier) in the sim slot of your device.
- Switch on the phone, and you will see a prompt to enter the Unlock Code.
- Enter the unlock code you received by Unlockninja
- Network Unlock Successful will display on the screen and the phone is ready to use any GSM Network
Method 2:- LG Phone Not Asking for Unlock Code
- Switch off the phone and remove the existing sim card. Switching off your phone before taking out or inserting a sim card is essential to keep the device safe from bugs and other technical glitches.
- Now insert the new sim card and switch on the device.
- Open the dial screen and type 2945#*your device model number#, For example, if the device number is X409, type 2945#*X409#, and enter the code when prompted.
- Open the dial screen and type 2945#*71001# and enter the Network Unlock Code (Code delivered by unlock ninja) when asked for.
- On your dial screen type *#865625# just like you dial number to make a call and then enter the unlock code on prompt.
- Your phone is now unlocked and ready to use
The complete guide to unlock LG phone based on the model
New LG models
- Insert the unaccepted sim card in the phone
- Your phone screen will display the message “Phone restricted”
- Click “Cancel,” and you will be prompt to enter “Phone Restriction Code.”
- Enter the unlock code you received from unlockninja and press “OK.”
- You LG device is now unlocked and ready to use.
LG Model: C2000, CG225, CE110, CF360
- Switch off the device, replace the current carrier’s sim card with the new sim and switch it on.
- You will see the “Phone Restricted” or “Invalid Smart Chip” message on your phone display.
- Click cancel, and you will be prompt to type “Phone Restriction Code.”
- Enter the phone unlocking code sent by unlockninja and press “OK.”
- The phone may or may not reboot. Your handset is unlocked for all network providers now.
LG model: C800 MyTouch Q
- Insert the Authorised/accepted sim card in your phone and switch on the device.
- Now type 2945#*800# and click “Network.”
- Now select “Unlock Network” and enter the unlock code in the space provided. Click “OK.”
Your handset is successfully unlocked.
LG model: CB630 Invision
- Switch off the phone unauthorized the unauthorized/unaccepted sim card in the card slot of your device.
Switch on the phone and type 8#865825#
- Press the “CALL” button and enter the network unlock code when prompted.
- Your phone is unlocked and ready to use with any network of your choice.
LG model: CT810 Incite
- Insert the Authorised/accepted sim card in your phone and switch on the device.
- Now type 2945#*810#, and you will see a menu on your screen.
- Select “SIM UNLOCK” from the menu and enter the unlock code in the space provided.
- Press “OK and your handset is successfully unlocked.
How to Unlock LG Phone some models: CU320
- Insert the unaccepted/ unauthorized sim card in the card slot and switch on the device.
- Type 277634#*# and enter your LG phone unlock code sent to you by UnlockNinja
- You will see a submenu now. Select the option “SIM-TEST” in the Test Mode and enter 2945#*#
- Now select “SIM UNLOCK” from the submenu and enter the unlock code when you see “ENTER UNLOCK CODE” text on your screen.
- Your LG phone is now unlocked.
LG model: Unlock lg g3, lg CU400, lg CU405, CU500
- After inserting the unauthorized sim in your phone, it will display “INVALID SMART CHIP” text on the screen.
- On idle screen type 159753#*# and enter the code when your screen says “ENTER NCK, REMAINING 5”.
- Click “OK,” and your phone is ready to use (the phone may or may not reboot)
More LG Models
- For LG model CU515 and CU757 Trax, after inserting the unaccepted card, you must type *#865625# and select 1. Again select 1 and enter unlock code. Press ok.
- to unlock some other models like unlock lg g5, CU720, TU720 & All LG Shine Series insert the authorized sim card in the slot, type *#865625# and enter the unlock code. Next press OK and you are ready to go.
- If you are using LG E720 or E720b Chic, you can use both authorized and unauthorized sim to unlock your phone. If your insert an authorized sim, type 2945#*88110# or 2945#*720# after you switch on the phone and enter the unlock code when asked: “USIM UNLOCK.”
- If you use an unauthorized sim, type *#865825# on the dial screen and select “USIM UNLOCK” and go to “NETWORK UNLOCK.” Here enter the unlock code and press “OK.”
- The procedures mentioned above are also valid for LG model: e739 MyTouch, E900 Optimus 7, E900h, F2250, G2x P999, GB255g, GD510 Pop, GD570 Pop, GD710 Shine II, GR500 Xenon, GS170, GS290 Guide, AT&T GS390 Prime GoPhone and all other LG mobile phones.
Points to remember to Unlock LG Phone :
- When you are using an authorized sim to unlock the phone, before entering your unlock code, type *#865625# on the display screen, as and when required.
- When you are using an unauthorized sim to unlock the phone, before entering the unlock code, type 2945#*your phone model number#, on the display screen, as and when required.
- As mentioned earlier, steps to unlock an LG device differs from model to model. Hence, apply the steps explained above only after reading the prompts on your phone screen carefully.
Troubleshooting to Unlock LG Phone
The easiest way to unlock your LG phone is by an unlock code. However, sometimes there is a certain error that occurs during the process. Let’s talk about some of the regular mistakes that may disturb your phone unlocking process.
1. The hidden menu is not found
To rectify this error, follow these steps:
- Type 2945#*model number# with a sim card or with the accepted sim card. If you do not know the model number, check the sticker under the battery on your phone.
- Go to settings – security – sim card lock and type the unlock code. Press ok.
Enter an unauthorized sim card and when it prompts to enter the network unlock code (you will not need to access the hidden menu).
2. You see the error message, your phone is not personalized, or this phone is permanently locked.
- In that case, your phone is already unlocked. To confirm, enter the unauthorised/new sim card in the card slot and restart the phone. If it is still unlocked call the customer care.
3. Your phone is locked to MetroPCS or T-Mobile, and you are unable to access the unlock menu
- If your LG phone is locked to T-Mobile or MetroPCS, you may not be able to directly enter the unlock code and use your phone with other service providers. You will need the “Device Unlock” app installed on your phone to complete the unlocking process.
How to Unlock By Device Unlock App (T-Mobile or MetroPCS)
Device Unlock is a phone unlocking app specially designed for Android users. This application allows you to request your LG mobile phone unlock directly from the phone. However, this app is only helpful to you if your existing service provider is T-Mobile or MetroPCS.
With this app, you can automatically apply Mobile Device Unlock to the phone, without entering any manual unlocking code. This is because your Unlock service provider directly locks your phone with “Mobile Device Unlock” method. You can download this app without any hassle, directly from Google Play or you may also have it pre-installed on your device, check your phone carefully. To start with:
- Go to the application list of your LG phone and click “Device Unlock.”
- Now click “Continue.”
- Select the device unlock type from the list visible on your phone screen.
- As a default setting select “Permanent Unlock” Otherwise your phone will be locked again after a specified period.
- After completing the process successfully, restart your device and your LG phone will be unlocked successfully and ready to use with any GSM carrier
Error Troubleshooting to Use “Device Unlock App”
The best way to troubleshoot any technical issue is not to let it happen in the first place. As they say it, precaution is better than cure. To make sure you do not have to face any technical glitches during the unlocking process:
- Check your data connection. It should have an active signal transmission.
- Clear all the app cache.
- Make enough space in your phone memory by deleting extra files.
After checking all the points mentioned above, start to unlock your LG phone. However, if you still face trouble unlocking your phone with the “Device Unlock” app. Close the app and all other related files and restart your device. If it still doesn’t work properly, do a hard reset on your phone and switch it on. You will be now able to unlock your LG phone without any hassle.